PRESS RELEASE: Furutech’s LAN-8 NCF is a beautifully engineered and built Category 8 cable for Ethernet and other high speed signal transfer applications.
‘Category 8’ refers to an ultra-high-speed transmission cable with speeds of up to 40Gbps and frequencies of up to 2,000MHz (3.3 times the capability of Category 7).
Furutech’s LAN-8 NCF features a connector shell incorporating the company’s own Nano Crystal² Formula (NCF). NCF uses a special crystalline material that has two ‘active’ properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared. Furutech combines this remarkable material with nano sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional ‘piezoelectric effect’ damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material. It delivers remarkable improvements in the depth and focus of the audio soundstage, harmonics and tonal balance. Low frequencies are cleaner, with a greater sense of definition made possible by a lowered noise floor. Created by Furutech, NCF is found exclusively in Furutech products.
The LAN-8 NCF also features improved specifications for crosstalk and system noise when compared with a Category 7 cable. This is achieved through a combination of a ‘twisted pair’ design with an increased number of twists per unit length, plus additional shielding for each individual wire pair and for the cable as a whole.
Key features and specifications include:
- 24 AWG silver-plated OCC conductor for minimal transmission loss.
- RJ45 (8P8C) connector features non-magnetic 24k gold-plated conductor, 24k gold-plated copper alloy body with minimal magnetic properties preventing signal degradation, and NCF shell.
- Triple layered shielding with aluminium foil and copper braiding, delivering superior noise isolation and dramatically improving sound reproduction.
- Optimum damping and insulation materials throughout, for improved frequency extension and tonal balance.
- Robust yet flexible jacket and sleeve.
All metal parts are treated with Furutech’s trademark two-stage ‘Alpha’ cryogenic and demagnetization process, designed to render the metal stress-free, stable and highly electrically conductive, enabling that all-important Furutech goal of ‘pure transmission’.