In 2016 Audio Analogue celebrated its twentieth birthday with a handful of brand new ‘Anniversary’ editions of the company’s earlier classic amplifiers. Then, in 2018, the brand launched its ‘PureAA’ line of products, drawing key ideas from the Anniversary amps and adding a raft of further features. Third in the line, following the AAcento amplifier and AAphono, is the new AAdac.
Audio Analogue’s PureAA line aims to draw on some of the key ideas and features of the Anniversary amplifiers but to apply them in a slightly different way. While the Anniversary amps are masters of minimalist focus, the PureAA line sports a set of added features designed to appeal to music lovers who seek a wider range of functions and connections in a single product.
The new AAdac’s simple design, combined with its attention to detail in materials, parts and finish, make it the perfect partner for your digital sources. Its wide variety of flexible functions include the ability to select one of seven different digital filters, to set the unit to volume regulated mode to allow it to operate as a preamplifier, to change the channels’ balance, and even to regulate the brightness of the LED display.
This may be a digital product but, true to its name, Audio Analogue has gone the extra mile to get that analogue feeling into the overall character of the AAdac. The entire unit is made up of discrete components, each of which has a separate power supply. The digital stage is fully balanced and features high quality components, allowing ultra-low noise and ultra-low distortion. The result is a remarkably musical audio performance.
AAdac key features
- High performance D/A converter up to 32bit/768Khz, based on the renowned Sabre ES9038.
- Amanero USB converter up to 32bit/392KHz.
- Native DSD decoding up to 8xDSD (DSD 512).
- 7 different digital filters.
- SPDIF, Toslink & AES/EBU digital inputs.
- Bluetooth aptX® high quality audio wireless input.
- Separate boards for each stage.
- Separate power supplies dedicated to digital and analogue sections.
- Fully balanced output stage and with discrete audio grade components to perfectly support ultra-low noise and ultra-low distortion digital stage.
- High quality headphone output.
- Possibility to use in direct (DAC) or volume regulated mode (DAC + preamp).