PRESS RELEASE: Japanese cable and connector specialist Furutech announces the launch of a brand new HDMI cable for improved audio and video performance.
Furutech’s new HF-X-NCF ultra-high speed HDMI cable features a connector shell incorporating the company’s own proprietary Nano Crystal² Formula (NCF). NCF uses a special crystalline material that has two ‘active’ properties. First, it generates negative ions that eliminate static. Second, it converts thermal energy into far infrared. Furutech combines this remarkable material with nano-sized ceramic particles and carbon powder for their additional ‘piezoelectric effect’ damping properties. The resulting Nano Crystal² Formula is the ultimate electrical and mechanical damping material. By eradicating vibration and static-derived noise, it enables an increase in sound and picture resolution, boosts colour vividness and delivers blacker backgrounds. Created by Furutech, NCF is found exclusively in Furutech products.
To ensure stable, ultra-high speed (8K/60p/48Gbps) transmission, the HF-X-NCF HDMI cable is constructed with a rigid build, while remaining highly flexible. Key features and specifications include:
- 26 AWG silver-plated μ-OFC main conductor designed to improve conductivity and ensure stable transmission, enabling superb quality sound and image reproduction.
- Thick layer of gold plating on contacts, delivering reliable and stable transmission with extremely high performance.
- Double layer aluminium foil shielding for each twisted conductor, plus a third copper braiding layer, to prevent static, EMI, FFI and RFI, eliminating noise and crosstalk.
- Optimum damping and insulation materials throughout, including special grade high-density and foamed polyethylene.
- A robust yet flexible anti-resonance sheath, further reducing the effects of electrical and mechanical resonance on signal transmission.
All metal parts are treated with Furutech’s trademark two-stage ‘Alpha’ cryogenic and demagnetization process, designed to render the metal stress-free, stable and highly electrically conductive, enabling that all-important Furutech goal of ‘pure transmission’.