Colorado-based Ayre Acoustics’ QB-9 DAC has been one of the company’s most successful ever products. Ayre are now releasing a brand new update bringing the QB-9 right back to the cutting edge of audio technology.
Colorado-based Ayre Acoustics’ QB-9 DAC has been one of the company’s most successful ever products. It caused quite a stir when the first 24/96-capable edition hit the market back in 2009, and was lauded as one of the pioneers in enabling computers to become genuinely high-end music sources. Upgrades then followed in 2011 (24/192-capable) and 2014 (DSD) at which point the QB-9 was widely considered among audiophiles as the ‘killer app’ that offered the peak of computer audio capabilities. Fast forward to 2019 and thousands of QB-9s are still being played and enjoyed in homes and listening rooms all over the world. For many QB-9 owners, it remains their favourite piece of listening gear.
The team at Ayre respects this and, as part of their commitment to providing customers with a lifetime of peak listening pleasure from their products, they are now releasing a brand new update for the QB-9.
The ‘Twenty’ update features Ayre’s latest innovations drawn from the new ‘8’ series of products, bringing the QB-9 right back to the cutting edge of audio technology and giving loyal QB-9 owners the thrill of rediscovering the finer details of their entire music library.
QB-9 ‘Twenty’ features & innovations:
- Diamond output circuit improves musicality and bass response.
- A new JFET differential stage lowers the noise floor.
- AyreLock power supply regulation for better rendering of fine musical detail.
- New AC noise filtering for improved resolution.
- Custom-made Ayre asynchronous USB technology further reduces electrical noise in the system.
- New ESS DAC chip for improved signal-to-noise ratio and spatial detail.
- Six-layer board design for optimal circuit isolation.
- Proprietary reclocking to eliminate USB domain jitter.
- PCM playback up to 384 kHz.
- Native DSD capability up to DSD256 (4x).
- HDCD coding.
The QB-9 ‘Twenty’ upgrade is expected to be popular and so QB-9 owners are advised to schedule theirs before the waiting list builds up!